Top 10 skills software developers need beyond coding
Vatsal Patel / June 16, 2021
1 min read • ––– views
- Be a sponge. Absorb as much knowledge and tip and tricks from others as you can.
- Help others; they'll help you later.
- Acknowledge when you are stuck and realise the right time to ask for help. 15 minutes of going nowhere is a good rule of thumb.
- Ask lots of questions without making others feel threatened.
- Don't be afraid to make mistakes.
- Seek learning opportunities outside of your comfort zone.
- Focus on one thing at a time.
- Encourage others to question you and share their perspectives.
- Communicate your progress clearly to your team.
- Know that it's okay to have opinions & know that it's also okay to change your opinions.
Special thanks to Neha Patel for reviewing this post.